Anywhere I want, just not home.


"And I can go anywhere I want
Anywhere I want, just not home
And you can aim for my heart, go for blood
But you would still miss me in your bones
And I still talk to you (when I'm screaming at the sky)
And when you can't sleep at night (you hear my stolen lullabies)
I didn't have it in myself to go with grace
And so the battleships will sink beneath the waves
You had to kill me, but it killed you just the same
Cursing my name, wishing I stayed
You turned into your worst fears
And you're tossing out blame, drunk on this pain
Crossing out the good years
And you're cursing my name, wishing I stayed
Look at how my tears ricochet"

Taylor Swift
Folklore

We went camping this past week, and when the kids settled I turned on my playlist and just enjoyed the (fading) campfire and music. And of course the darkness halted only by the twinkling lights. Moments like this are part of why I love going camping. There's something about the woods that has always spoken to me and called to me. The same for water and waterways. Literally, since I was a little girl. It was good to get away, and while I had plans to read a book or two, I decided sitting and relaxing at peace after a fun day on the water felt best. 

And, I mean, Folklore was written to listen to in the dark, quiet, emotional, retrospective, sink in your feelings moments. Am I right? Close your eyes, breathe the fresh air and enjoy the escape. Sometimes home is where we need to be and sometimes home is the last place we need to be. Sometimes home is with our people in a spot that brings peace and the best moments. This week, the latter was home for me. 

XO,
Kira aka the lover of camping and boating this summer


Comments

Popular Posts