Don't you just love American Airlines?

You see, instead of actually flying right now, I am - once again - stuck for hours at the Chicago airport.

It all started this morning when we arrived at RDU at 5:50 a.m. for our 7 a.m. flight like dutiful travelers. Then we realize, hmm, this says our plane doesn't take off until 8:25 a.m. and now we don't arrive in Minneapolis until 1:15 (instead of the purposely planned earlier arrival at 11 a.m.).

I'm just grumbling because American Airlines didn't attempt to contact me to let me know that my flights were straight cancelled. I think it's related to Hurricane Ike, but people this is the day of online technology - send a sista an update!

I give mad props to Travelocity and Expedia, and I'm sticking with booking through them in the future. Those great groups would send me an updated itinerary if even the tiniest morsel of a detail changed. And then I'd know. But American Airlines, nope. I'm on my own.

Sure, sure, I could have signed up for the alerts, but with other Web sites being so savvy and helpful I just assumed they all had their act together. Should have known better. American Airlines usually screws me over when I resort to flying with them. Blah.

Here I sit. Rusty is a dear and pacified me by hooking me up to the internet. And now I'm calmer. Phew.


Comments

Popular Posts