Weekend at the cabin

Rusty and I just got back from a weekend at his parents' cabin outside of Boone. It was so quiet and relaxing. I felt like I had been on a week-long vacation when we were getting ready to leave. I felt so calm and at peace. I like that the mountains have that effect on me.

My dad asked exactly where we were located. My answer: I don't know, about five winding miles outside of Boone on the side of a mountain. Maybe Rusty or his parents can help me pinpoint it on a map.

Saturday we had a big breakfast and then headed to Blowing Rock for a hike.
We hiked from the Moses Cone house down to Bass Lake. It was cloudy and muddy, but really nice. Jax loved the adventure. Good thing I brought along a towel or I think Rusty would have left me and Jax at the trail to protect his jeep seats.
(Oh, and it took some stealth photography, but I was able to catch this shot to prove that even in the woods on a peaceful hike the iPhone was out and in use. Rusty didn't want me to have photographic proof of this.)
Later we went shopping in Blowing Rock and out to dinner in Boone. Then back to the cabin where Rusty serenaded Jax and I with the guitar and Jimmy Buffet songs.
Lovely weekend in a lovely cabin on a lovely mountainside. Thanks Jan and Ed for sharing it with us!

Comments

Popular Posts