Second trimester here we are!

Well, according to some of the books and Web sites we're in the second trimester. Other things say week 14, some docs say week 12. And to make it even more complicated, we are 13 weeks 2 days today which means I've been 'pregnant' for 13 weeks and 2 days - technically in the 14th week. Couple this with the whole you are 2 weeks pregnant upon conception and it becomes really complicated.

All I know is last night, I was coming to bed and Rusty was checking his 'What to Expect' iPhone app and it informed him we are in our second trimester. He said "Happy second trimester birthday!" After going through some of the above stats, I finally just agreed - ok, we are in the second trimester! Woooooo hooooo!

So, why did I wake up retching and gagging again at the pouring of the dog food? And why did my nausea appear at its usual lunch time hour? And why does nothing still sound good for dinner? I don't know, second trimester, you've got some more magic to do. I'm ready to feel better!

And baby, one day when you read this - worry not: it's all totally worth you growing in my belly and being here with us.

Comments

Popular Posts