I'm watching a home birth on TV

And these birth shows have never made me queasy. (If anything, I consider myself quite the birthing expert despite my lack of medical training. I'm the one you'd want in the car with you if you were going in labor. I could so handle that.) This show is making me queasy in a whole new way.

Anyways, so I'm watching this home birth episode. Now, that is just something I could never be comfortable with. Why not have a doctor there, or at least be where there is a doctor nearby in the event of an emergency? You just never know what could happen and to me, the risk would terrify me. But, I'm a worrier.

All of this rambling to say that the midwife just checked this woman 'down there' and said "Ooooh, your cervix feels soooo good" with a lot of zest and excitement. I almost threw up in my mouth. I'm glad my docs would never (to my knowledge) say anything like that. Awkward.

It was so awkward that I came to my blog to write about it. Yep. Good times.

Comments

Popular Posts