It's the truth - you forget!

So, I was going to give myself a 'look how far we've come' pep talk with regards to Asher's sleeping and day/night confusion progress. I started to think back on the first few nights and weeks and determine how often he fed then and for how long. Yeah... blank slate. No recollection. Seriously? Yes.

I mentioned to my mom. She said, yep you forget or else no one would have more than one child. Isn't that the truth? Holy crap, I don't remember those nights at all. I do remember saying at the time that there was no way I was going to sign up for this again.

We made a human. My body grew it. And now my body feeds it. And I can not remember parts of it. The body is an amazing thing.

Comments

  1. I never believed it was possible to forget until it happened to me. I have only a few recollections of pain during delivery and I don't even remember it being that bad. As for the first nights home, it does all run together. Something that totally caught me by surprise – I remember nursing him one early morning and amazingly the thought crossed my mind that he needed a sister or brother. And that's the miraculous power of your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Rusty will mutter things about a sister almost daily. I ignore him. So far, Asher's power hasn't taken THAT much of a hold on me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. We heart comments!

Popular Posts