Super proud of myself!

So, in the last week I've tackled two of the mommy tasks I was dreading. And, I did so successfully.

First - I did the nose sucky thingie. Complete with Little Noses saline drops. I was able to clear out his little tiny nasal passages. It was so great to help him be a little more comfortable and see the benefits of my handiwork. I was so nervous about this for some reason, but when the time came I laid him down and just went for it. And he didn't even fight me. Which is shocking, isn't it? Anyways, I had a huge grin and told Rusty over and over "I did it! I did it!" Cue: pride.

Second - I took his temperature rectally. (Is that how you spell that?) Asher seems to be feeling a little sickly, so I needed an accurate temp. His under arm temp was so borderline that adding a 'degree or two' meant sick or not sick depending on what you added. So, I did it. He again didn't meltdown. He didn't love it, but we survived. And his temp was normal. Phew.

Two hurdles crossed. I am proud. Now just hoping and praying that he feels better soon.

Comments

Popular Posts