Couple of random things I just need to say.

1. Lent begins tomorrow. And I'm giving up sweet tea and brownies. Sounds like a ridiculous combination, perhaps, but they are my two favorite things these days. Being without them will not be an easy feat. But, I'm up to the challenge. And, since I've written it here, once I hit publish there is no backing out. How's that for accountability?

2. I just read this article: Super-gross: Supermarket carts are rolling fecal bacteria Petri dishes, new study finds and I'm even more grossed out by shopping carts than I already was. I'm one of those moms with the shopping cart cover. In my mind, people look at me and my cover and roll their eyes. Whether or not this is true, I don't know. But, after reading this we all need shopping cart covers. And we should all use those wipes at the entrance of the good stores. I mean, you could say that the basket of the shopping cart cover is dirtier than a public restroom. You wouldn't go sitting there would you? I think no. And I certainly wouldn't let my kid. And throw your groceries in the mix. Gross. Gross. Gross. I probably should not have read this. Now it won't go away. The gross truth is now in my OCD mind. Sigh. Ew. (And this is my official reminder to myself to wash my cloth shopping bags pronto and the shopping cart cover more often. And the high chair cover, too.)


3. My brownies are almost done. You guessed it; I'm eating a nice, warm pile of brownies tonight before Lent begins. Cheers and welcome to the Easter season.

Comments

Popular Posts