Our favorite toys: Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!

As we approach Asher's first birthday, I'm looking back at the toys that have grown along with us over here. Toys that have not only captured - but held - his attention. I know some people, including myself, don't want a ton of plastic, less-than-attractive, noisy toys taking over the house. But, these are worth it. So, all that said, these are our top faves. 

 
Playskool Weebles*
When I was little, our front bathroom always had drainage issues. We tried and tried to fix it. Multiple plumbers tried to fix it. Then, years later when I was in college, a miracle plumber found the problem. One of my Weebles had been lodged in our pipes for all that time. Mom kept it on the windowsill above her kitchen sink. It was still pretty much intact.

So, one of my must have toys for Asher was Weebles. He has several sets. And he loves them. They come with us to restaurants. They go in and out of containers and baskets. Join him in the tub. When he was smaller, he would lie on the floor and watch it wobble back and forth, back and forth.

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! I say, grab a few sets for the little one in your life. (Just keep them away from your pipes.) Asher got the Weeble Treehouse for Christmas, but I'm currently hiding it upstairs as part of the toy rotation. Can't wait to bring it down!

*Does it bother anyone else that Playskool spells school with a 'k'? The editor in me isn't a huge fan.

Comments

Popular Posts