Random memory.

Tonight, I'm laying in my bed. Asher is snoozing on my shoulder. (Lately, I've let him sleep there with me for a bit because he's about to turn one and I'm savoring every moment and I'm the mom and I make the rules.)

Anyways, so tonight I'm doing something on my phone while Asher sleeps. And I got really sleepy. And almost dozed off for a second. And then this random memory hits me. Bam!

When Asher was little. Those first few sleepless (very sleepless) months. I would try to type during feedings. I'd text or read a blog or update Facebook. And I remember being so frickin tired that I'd fall asleep in the middle of typing a thought. I'd wake up to "Asher sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" or something like that on my screen. I remember prying my eyes open while deleting all the sleepytime characters I typed. And it would usually happen all over again.

Damn. I was so ridiculously tired. Wow. Funny that that one memory brought it all back. Just. Like. That.

And a bathtime picture from tonight to complete the randomness.

Comments

Popular Posts