A year ago today.


Well, here we are. This day last year was my due date. I was largely pregnant. Super swollen. Very uncomfortable. And waiting for the biggest event of our lives - meeting our son.

And today, here's right here beside me. Playing with his favorite toy. Giving me hugs every time I pick him up. Smiling when his dada comes into the room. Talking in his own language. Bopping to his favorite music. Getting into everything. And drooling like a drooling fool. And yes, there's crying and not napping and whining and throwing food on the floor. But, those just come with the territory.

I had no idea at the time that I'd have to wait another eight days to meet Asher. I also had no idea that a year could be such a wild ride. In eight short days, we'll be celebrating our kid's first birthday.

Happy due date Asher. We love you.

Comments

Popular Posts