Really?

Mid-day rant.

Just when we are getting Asher to sleep with some form of reliability (yes, it's taken a year), guess what? Jax now needs to be taken out in the middle of the night. It seems that somewhere between 1 and 3 am, my dog must go out. Immediately.

The first morning this happened, I guess he was whining but we couldn't hear him (we don't have a baby monitor in his crate, after all). He then starts barking. I was sure someone was breaking in. Nope. Just needed a potty break.

Last night. Repeat. Except this time I heard the whining.

It was like the just-home-from-the-hospital-with-Asher whining that drove me crazy. Which, thankfully, calmed down months ago.

And now, now, my poor old dog's bladder and bowels can't make it through the night.

It's always something.

Anyone want to adopt a senior dog with all kinds of quirks and give him the love and attention (and round the clock bathroom breaks) he so deserves? I'm only half joking.

Comments

Popular Posts