2 under 2: You can call us crazy

Here we go again, ya'll. Yep, we're pregnant. Well, I'm pregnant. Rusty is busy being a very supportive, helpful husband of a preggo. Asher is busy being a toddler that loves climbing all over his momma. I'm busy being nauseous all.day.long. With a peak in the misery in the evenings.

Thankfully, my new OB (love!) gave me a prescription med to help with the night nausea and to encourage rest. So, that's helpful. Very helpful.

I realize how blessed we are to be able to add to our family. And I promise to try to keep that in mind while I'm complaining. But, people, the first trimester is just downright largely unpleasant. And again, I remind myself of this awesome blessing and of being thankful for it all.

Anyways, for those who like details (like me), here is the scoop.

No, this wasn't planned. It wasn't really not planned either though. So, let's just say it came as a surprise.

I had a few things seem off. A few pains in my side that immediately reminded me of pregnancy. And my food (read: favorite brownies) tasted completely different. And, I started having night sweats and crazy dreams.

I thought, could I be? No. But I'll just pee on a stick to be sure. (Girls love peeing on sticks. It's addictive.) So, I did. And it was glaring back at me all positive before I could even put it down on the floor for the 3-minute wait period. I flipped out. Called my besties and flipped out some more. One pointed out that father's day was that coming up weekend, and I should tell Rusty that day. Perfect!

When I calculated the due date (February 17, 2012) myself, I got a little worried. Having a newborn in flu season was not at the top of my list of preferred due dates. It's going to be a true test of my medication. And a test in the patience of my loved ones.

I then quickly went from 'flu season' to 'holy crap, Asher won't even be 2 yet.' So yes, my friends, I'm going to be a mom of 2 under 2. And it's going to be awesome. I just know it.

And yes, you can call us crazy. I know that's what you're thinking. It'll be a wild ride. Oh boy.

Anyways, I still don't know how I kept my mouth shut for 4 or 5 whole days. But I did. Father's Day morning, I dressed Asher bright and early in his 'I'm the big brother' t-shirt (thanks to Amazon's ridiculously fast shipping) and marched him in to wake up his dada. I captured the entire production on video. So freaking precious. And worth the wait. Rusty was over the moon excited!

From that day, we kept the secret mostly to ourselves. Of course, we told Joni so she could understand my moodiness, sleepiness, weight gain, food aversions, dry heaving and all that glory.

Last week, we went to the doctor's office for our first ultrasound to check on Numero Dos. Dos was looking right on track (8 weeks 4 days at the time) and we're now 9 weeks 3 days pregnant. Dos looks perfect. Asher squirmed around, impatient in the exam room and still managed to dazzle all the nurses.

Afterwards, we used the big bro tshirt to tell our families. And of course, they are all very excited for us.

And I keep alternating between 'I feel like total shit' and 'Yay another baby'. I realize those are total opposite ends of the emotional spectrum.

So, I'll stop rambling for now.

We would appreciate prayers for a healthy pregnancy and for God's will to be done with our family. I trust in His plan for us. And I know that this pregnancy happened just when God meant for it to and this little one is another gift from Him to us. We are, indeed, very blessed.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.    Jeremiah 29:11

Comments

Popular Posts