And this is what I made!


Pinterest is addictive, is it not? But I've gotten some great inspiration (while cutting into my work productivity, mind you) on easy-to-do home decorations.

I love the holidays! And I wanted to do something unique to decorate for Thanksgiving. I found a few ideas, pinned them and voila! I actually completed a few of my projects last week. And so, I'm excited to share them.


First up, a rag tag fireplace garland. I used old strips of fabric that my mom brought by for me to dig through. If that didn't give me what I needed, I planned to go through Rusty's old plaid, flannel shirts and use them instead. Either way - cheap! I started with $1 ribbon from Michael's, but had the backup plan of old rope from the garage. Again - cheap! I like how it turned out. This would be a fun kid's project, too, with fabric to match whatever holiday is coming up. But, expecting Asher to tie knots around ribbon wasn't in the cards this time around.


Also, I collected old liquor and wine bottles from Joni and friends for the next project. I took acrylic paint (old, leftover from old painting projects) and squirted them into each bottle. After drying overnight, I took more of my $1 Michael's clearnace ribbon and glued letters to the bottles. I am pleased with how they turned out. I have plans of hoarding more bottles and making other versions of this one. J-O-Y or S-P-R-I-N-G. It could be cute with tiny baby food jars, too.

We have a lot to be thankful for this year, and I'm reminded of that every time I pass through our front room.

Comments

Popular Posts