Random Ramblings

And, I mean random. But here are some things that keep popping into my head.

  • Christmas decorations are fantastic. I heard people griping that they were up around Halloween, but  honestly, I didn't mind at all. I love Christmas and all things Christmas and I think such an important and beautiful holiday deserves more than just 30 days of decorating. Granted, I know a lot of places are trying to 'make money' off the holiday, but I enjoy seeing trees and sparkly wintry things hanging from the ceiling at Target even when I'm shopping for bleach in the first of November. I like the wreaths on the light poles and the bows on the railings. Bring it on, I say!
  • I'm so tired of hearing about the Elf on the Shelf. I get it, and yes I think it's pretty neat. But, I'm going to try not to give into that. First of all, it's everywhere. Movies and books and this and that. I think more focus on Christmas belongs on baby Jesus and the true meaning of the holiday. Not an elf on a shelf trying to make kids behave. Of course, when my kid continues his tantrums and terrible two-ness next year I could revisit this stance. But, mostly, I want the focus in our family to remain on the birth of Jesus, as much as possible. That is all.
  • Santa diapers are awesome.
  • I slacked on our Advent calendaring this year. I know, this kind of goes against random thought #2. But, I'm pregnant and that entitles me to being a little too tired. My mom and I gathered Christmas and holiday books - one for each day of the month. The plan was to wrap each of them, open one every night and read it together as family. Next year, we'd do the same with the same book collection. And the tradition would repeat itself over the years. Except, December 1st came really fast and the only presents (four of them) wrapped in this entire house are the ones my sweet mom wrapped for me weeks ago. So, to sit down and wrap 25 books just wasn't happening. Instead, I have the adorable wooden sled that Rusty's Granddad made overflowing with our Christmas books and we read them when we can. Sometimes, over and over and over when Asher finds one he likes. We'll regroup on this next year.
  • I feel large. And I get winded so easily. The stairs are a pain in my hind parts and bending over to pick up toys is not pleasant. But, I do believe said activities are helping keep the swelling down. Knock on wood.
  • Hmm, what else did I want to ramble about? 
  • I'm hungry again. 
  • Have I expressed how the humidifier is my child's favorite toy ever? Or gadget, since we don't advocate it as a toy. We use it most every night because my kid can snort and snore like an adult. And the thrill of his night every night is filling it up and turning it on. I'm serious, ya'll. 
  • Currently, my favorite thing that Asher says is: "Ere-it-is". Read: There it is. And he says it in context. And it's fantastic.
  • Currently what he says too much and in repetition and in repetition and in repetition and in repetition that drives me crazy: Uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh. Loon loon loon loon loon loon. Pasay pasay pasay pasay pasay. Uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh uh oh.  No no no no no no no no no no no no no.
  • Today, we were listening to the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Asher was eating his fruit calmly and one of the songs crescendo'ed to a loud, active, rocking part. Asher threw his hands up like he was conducting the orchestra and started dancing. Just when I thought my kid couldn't get any cooler, he went and did that.
  • I'm going to stop rambling now, take my Ambien and go to bed. Night night!

Comments

Popular Posts