In times of worry...

Recently, I received a comment asking for the Bible verses that a friend sent me during my postpartum hives. I've often thought of these verses, and I'm so thankful to my dear, sweet friend that took the time to send them my way (Thank you, Tisha!). When covered in the hives and wrapped in the anxiety of that time, I quietly prayed these verses. And they helped to calm me.

So, to others who may be seeking some calm during a difficult time... I, too, share these with you.
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
  • So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
  • Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
  • Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
  • The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun -scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-weathered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

Comments

Popular Posts