A word about work

Blessed.

That's the word that comes to mind first and foremost when thinking about my work. Just plain blessed.

I'd also probably follow that up with: exhausting, overwhelming (at times), challenging, fun, rewarding, lost (ok, that's not an adjective, but you get the point).

Lost and overwhelming because I didn't know diddly squat about running my own business. Exhausting because I have a two-year old and a seven-month old who keep me going nonstop. 24 hours a day. Challenging and fun because I love what I do and that I get to exercise those web parts of my brains and do really cool, rewarding stuff along the way.

But back to blessed.

When I first ventured out on my own, I didn't really know what I was going to do. I left the agency world whose workload and stress levels didn't mesh with the new-mom me. I thankfully have the world's most understanding husband that said, "Go for it. We'll make it work." I did a few odds and ends projects for various contacts and was only working a hour or so a day. It worked.

And then, something wild started growing. I had really amazing opportunities come my way. My sister had the availability and desire (Thank you, God! And thank you, Nini!) to come and love on my kids while I ramped up my work hours. People that I loved, loved, loved were willing to work alongside of me. And before I even really knew what happened, Krobe Interactive happened.


And now, Krobe is a year old. (Oh, and it's pronounced with a long O, silent e. Though, I think Krob-ie is cute.)

I have done work that I love. Work that has stretched my brain. All while my kids are playing upstairs so I can peek in on and play with them. I even survived my own self-given 'maternity leave' while a dear friend covered for me. (There are not enough thanks in the world for you, D.)

I have clients that I truly love and respect - that love and respect me right back.

I have a husband who helps me figure out all of the in's and out's of running a successful business (and chases me around the house to complete my expense reports and turn in receipts).

I have people on the Krobe team that are of my choosing, that I am truly honored to work virtually 'alongside' every day. These are smart, smart people y'all. Good, good people. And we make a pretty mean (read: awesome) team, if I do say so myself.

To those of you that are a part of the Krobe world, I send you a huge hug of appreciation. Thank you for supporting me. For supporting my family. For helping me do what I love while loving my biggest loves.

Tonight, I'm just feeling extra blessed. That is all.

Go team!

Comments

Popular Posts